Friday, September 17, 2021

Gatwick expansion?

I suspect that many of you will be aware of Gatwick's expansion plans - there is a current consultation.  It will come as no surprise that I do not view these plans favourably, unlike the UK government, it seems.  If you share my views then I suggest that a quick visit to CAGNE will enlighten you.

What struck me today was a quote in The Independent from Rachel Maclean, the Parliamentary Under Secretary of State at the Department for Transport: 'The minister, who is in charge of government policy on the future of transport and decarbonisation, said flying was one of the things that "make life worth living" and that the government would not place restrictions on it.'  All I can say is try telling that to anyone who lives under a flight path or next to an access road.  I suspect that a slight rearrangement of those words with the addition of 'hell' and 'not' might be in their answer.  

Then there's the increasing carbon footprint from aviation...

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then there were nine!

Pleased to say that there are now nine Green Party councillors on Horsham District Council following the byelection victory of Gill Perry, w...